For more information about this area, please feel free to E-mail us!
About Simsbury Connecticut:
Simsbury is a suburban town and was incorporated as Connecitcut's twenty-first town in May of 1670. There are four major neighborhoods in Simsbury: Simsbury Center, Tariffville, Weatogue and West Simsbury.
The first steel mill in the history of the U.S. opened in Simsbury in 1728. The town of Granby was originally the northern part of Simsbury, but became independent in 1786. The Ethel Walker School and Westminster School are private schools both located in Simsbury. The International Skating Center of Connecticut is also located in Simsbury.
Three of the four state parks in Hartford County: Penwood State Park, Stratton Brook State Park, and Talcott Mountain State Park are located in Simsbury.
On the National Register of Historic Places:
- Amos Eno House ? Off U. S. 202 on Hopmeadow Rd. (added May 3, 1975)
- Capt. Elisha Phelps House ? 800 Hopmeadow St. (added October 22, 1972)
- Drake Hill Road Bridge ? Drake Hill Rd. at Farmington River (added August 19, 1984)
- East Weatogue Historic District ? Roughly, properties on East Weatogue St. from just N of Riverside Dr. to Hartford Rd., and Folly Farm property to S (added August 19, 1990)
- Eno Memorial Hall ? 754 Hopmeadow St. (added May 2, 1993)
- Heublein Tower ? Talcott Mountain State Park (added July 30, 1983)
- Horace Belden School (Now the Town Hall/Police Station) and Central Grammar School ? 933 Hopmeadow St. and 29 Massaco St. (added April 25, 1993)
- John Humphrey House ? 115 E. Weatogue St. (added December 15, 1990)
- Massaco Forest Pavilion ? Off Old Farms Rd., Stratton Brook State Park (added October 4, 1986)
- Robert and Julia Darling House ? 720 Hopmeadow St. (added February 3, 1991)
- Simsbury Bank and Trust Company Building ? 760-762 Hopmeadow St. (added December 20, 1986)
- Simsbury Center Historic District ? Roughly, Hopmeadow St. from West St. to Massaco St. (added May 12, 1996)
- Simsbury Railroad Depot ? Railroad Ave. at Station St. (added April 26, 1976)
- Simsbury Townhouse ? 695 Hopmeadow St. (added May 2, 1993)
- Tariffville Historic District ? Roughly bounded by Winthrop St., Main St., Mountain Rd., Laurel Hill Rd. and Elm St. (added May 2, 1993)
- Terry's Plain Historic District ? Roughly bounded by Pharos, Quarry and Terry's Plain Rds. and the Farmington R. (added 1993)
Most content provided by Wikipedia, "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simsbury%2C_Connecticut"